HEAD OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Steward Partners Global Advisory is an employee-owned, full-service leading independent private financial services firm, with professionals delivering multifaceted financial solutions and platinum level service to our client’s and their families.
Steward Partners Global Advisory caters to family, institutional and multigenerational investors delivering comprehensive wealth planning and investment strategy implementation, professional asset management services, private banking, institutional consulting, international advisory and business solutions. We pride ourselves on delivering platinum level client service with an unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Head of Product Management is responsible for design, delivery and enhancement of the product platform across a multi-custodial, independent RIA/Broker Dealer hybrid that delivers the best wealth management products to our Financial Advisors and their clients. In addition to working closely with various stakeholders across the Firm to determine appropriate product offerings, the Head of Product Management is also responsible for the effective running of the products, driving and supporting implementation of product initiatives and overseeing product compliance.
The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of both retail and investment advisory products, services and platforms across the wealth management industry and must have experience in managing products and platforms in a both a broker-dealer and RIA environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design an integrated wealth management and advice solution platform that supports Advisors to help their clients achieve their financial goals.
- Collaborate with our Advisors and other key stakeholders to collect feedback to help curate and prioritize the product roadmap. Determine the data, insights and analysis needed to inform product strategy and development.
- Work closely with product sponsors (e.g., mutual fund companies, variable annuity manufacturers, alternative product issuers, etc.) to develop and manage enterprise-wide strategic partnerships.
- Use competitive intelligence to advise and recommend new product and platform strategies that align with the Firm’s overall strategy and risk profile.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all products across the Firm, including advanced knowledge of multiple product partner products, features, benefits, pricing, etc. and their relative positioning in the marketplace.
- Define product rollout and support strategy on new product launches and enhancements.
- Manage the creation of project documentation related to new product or platform initiative supporting the product implementation (preliminary project plans, presentations, business requirements etc.).
- Facilitate product training and educational materials for product launches and new enhancements.
- Manage selling agreements
- Lead stakeholder communications creating marketing material and messaging on upcoming releases.
- Develop and recommend risk mitigation strategies to ensure continuity and effectiveness of the product line while minimizing risk to clients and the firm.
- Function as key liaison between the involved partner areas, outside consultants or vendors to ensure that all expectations are clearly defined.
- Partner with the Firm’s Compliance department to ensure that the regulatory landscape for products is understood.
- Understand and assess infrastructure capabilities and requirements to support the product strategy.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10 plus years of product management within wealth management industry
- BA/BS in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field preferred
- Annuity (variable, indexed, fixed) experience (preferably in a service, distributor/agency, sales, or marketing capacity)
- A strong understanding of products, platforms and providers in the investment advisory space
- An understanding of industry data aggregation vendors, financial planning software is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to understand impacts of simple to complex concepts
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Proven experience in presenting ideas to key contributors throughout an organization
- Ability to design presentations for new product initiatives and effectively deliver presentations to management and sales team
- Experience with Structured products is a plus
- Experience working in the RIA fee-based advisory space is preferred
- Demonstrated success in effective management of internal/external relationships, and financial resources
- Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of new initiatives and ideas
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Skills
- Impeccable organization and follow-up skills
Flexible, can be a remote or hybrid position. Individual must be willing to travel as needed.
Chief Executive Officer
For additional information or to
submit a resume, please contact: