HEAD OF INSURANCE & ANNUITIES OPERATIONS
Steward Partners Global Advisory is an employee-owned, full-service leading independent private financial services firm, with professionals delivering multifaceted financial solutions and platinum level service to our client’s and their families.
Steward Partners Global Advisory caters to family, institutional and multigenerational investors delivering comprehensive wealth planning and investment strategy implementation, professional asset management services, private banking, institutional consulting, international advisory and business solutions. We pride ourselves on delivering platinum level client service with an unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Head of Insurance & Annuities Operations will lead both internal and external resources responsible for all insurance and annuity operations including day-to-day activities and lead the strategic review, along with associated initiatives, that stabilize and enhance the Firm’s ability to support its Advisors and their clients within this unique product area.
In addition to expertise, knowledge and experience of both insurance and annuity operations, the ideal candidate will leverage their strong understanding of technology to create, build, test, and measure many insurance and annuity business processes that rely on technology platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the day-to-day insurance and annuity operations including operations outsourced to third-party providers including distribution, asset transfers, licensing and appointments and monitoring and managing TPA service level agreements (SLA).
- Collaborate with Compliance, IT, and TPA to establish and document insurance and annuity business processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to look to constantly improve business processes through automation and process redesign.
- Collaborate with finance to ensure accurate financial reporting including GL interfaces to policy administration systems
- Manage the flow of new paper and electronic applications to completion and ensure that resources are properly aligned to meet expectations.
- Ensure compliance with new business replacement and exchange processing as well as suitability requirements.
- Work with other departments to monitor against key controls such as AML, OFAC and know-your-customer requirements. Ensure timely follow-up with carriers.
- Manage the flow of in-force transaction requests and ensure that processing standards are communicated and met.
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Create and maintain appropriate management reports to inform on progress toward business targets
- Provide transparency to the executive team and Firm by delivering regular reporting, metrics and updates
- Identify and establish operations process flows, guidelines, and requirements to support service delivery
- Monitor and support regulatory considerations and enhancements in coordination with TPA
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all insurance and annuity operations delivery and development
- Work closely with Head of Product to determine operational support needs with new vendor or product.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
- This position requires significant experience in working with annuity products and creating and managing insurance back-office operations.
- Experience with insurance administrative systems and with point-of-sale technologies
- Proven track record of setting and meeting production standards in an insurance back-office environment
- Experience with implementing workflow and process improvements along with the strong understanding of supporting technologies and platforms
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and seeks to implement new solutions to operational challenges
- Ability to effectively interact with external parties - agents, distributors and vendors
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership role managing cross-functional teams including external partners
- Clear understanding of business systems supported by IT
- Ability to analyze complex information and reach reasonable conclusions
- High standards for productivity and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and short deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong relationship building skills and client focused
- Highly motivated, well organized and detail-oriented
The ideal candidate would be based locally to one of our Firm offices and can work a hybrid schedule. However, all qualified candidates working from any of the US states are encouraged to apply.
Chief Service & Strategy Officer
For additional information or to submit a resume, please contact: