HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Steward Partners Global Advisory is an employee-owned, full-service leading independent private financial services firm, with professionals delivering multifaceted financial solutions and comprehensive service to our client’s and their families.
Steward Partners Global Advisory caters to family, institutional and multigenerational investors delivering comprehensive wealth planning and investment strategy implementation, professional asset management services, private banking, institutional consulting, international advisory and business solutions. We pride ourselves on delivering comprehensive client service with an unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Human Resources Business Partner will serve as a strategic business partner to management team members across the organization to align Human Resources strategies and practices with business initiatives. This position will provide managers with partnership in the areas of employee relations, people and talent management strategy, change management and other day to day HR support across all aspects of the employee lifecycle. The ideal candidate will transition seamlessly between HR strategy and hands-on HR functional work. The Human Resources Business Partner position offers the opportunity to play an advisory and functional role that has a significant impact across the business through innovative approaches to people challenges, creating and enhancing processes and programs, and sharing experiential insights across the HR team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong and trusted relationships with a broad and geographically diverse client group including managers and employees.
- Provide general HR leadership and guidance to managers and employees in the areas of people management, objective/goal setting, coaching, talent development, diversity, employee relations, compensation, and organizational development.
- Conduct effective and detailed HR investigations as well as supporting managers through coaching, counselling, and conflict resolution.
- Lead and contribute to key HR initiatives such as employee retention, recognition, diversity and inclusion.
- Oversee and execute on key annual processes, including compensation, talent reviews and performance management.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the industry and the shifting employment law landscape in order to better support the assigned business unit and provide insight into ways to improve the business and mitigate risk.
- Through the use of strong MS Excel and analytical skills, partner closely with managers and other departments to create and manage key metrics and other data intensive initiatives.
- Create, update and implement Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicating so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations.
- Support the Firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Participate in and manage HR projects as needed.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
In this role, the individual will have a high level of client interaction, must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with Management and other HR colleagues. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to support a complex and fast-paced business, with responsibilities over a range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
- 7+ years of Human Resources generalist experience
- Experience in a small business or start-up type environment is highly desirable
- Experience in financial services, including Wealth Management, is preferred
- Strong client and commercial focus with outstanding judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Team player with strong influencing skills and demonstrated ability or aptitude for team leadership and collaboration.
- Strong multi-state employment law knowledge and experience
- Ability to lead employee relations matters independently and effectively such as employee investigations
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation and factors that play a key role in comp decision-making processes
- Excellent quantitative/analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to manage complex projects independently
- Self-starter with commitment to excellence and strong project management skills; precise attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Experience with MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of working with a PEO is a plus
Flexible with work from home opportunity – candidate must be located within Tri State (NY, NJ, CT) area and able to commute to the Firm’s NYC or Paramus, NJ office on a periodic basis.
Head of Human Resources
For additional information or to submit a resume, please contact: