Steward Partners Global Advisory is an employee-owned, full-service leading independent private financial services firm, with professionals delivering multifaceted financial solutions and platinum level service to our client’s and their families.
Steward Partners Global Advisory caters to family, institutional and multigenerational investors delivering comprehensive wealth planning and investment strategy implementation, professional asset management services, private banking, institutional consulting, international advisory and business solutions. We pride ourselves on delivering platinum level client service with an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst position is primarily responsible for financial accounting and reporting across the firm.
The Financial Analyst will support all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and will be responsible for the month-end close, journal entries, and preparation of the financial statements. In addition, the Financial Analyst will prepare the monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis schedules and maintain certain account reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports for relevant filings
- Build, update, and maintain forecast models
- Prepare monthly financial statements and corresponding analysis
- Prepare monthly journal entries, as required, and ensure documentation of accounting records
- Prepare corresponding accrual journal entries with consolidation activities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management analytics and reports
- Liaise with outsourced controller and Raymond James Accounting teams
- Reconcile source systems to reporting systems; at times needing to isolate variances, research, and correct data
- Assist with preparation reporting the board of directors.
- Conduct non-routine financial analysis/reporting projects
- Understanding various data flows into reporting systems, while looking to enhance current processes through automation/changing sourcing
- Create documentation for internal controls
- Partner closely with the Finance & Compensation Analyst to ensure smooth flow of information including the monthly compensation and expense tracking related to Advisor chargebacks
- Assist with onboarding and maintaining new finance information systems
- Project work as required on new products, systems and functionality enhancements
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical discipline strongly preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a finance or accounting role
- CPA preferred
- Strong Microsoft skills essential, including advanced Excel and experience with Access
- Highly analytical, detailed oriented, and have solid conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations that require you to multi-task competing priorities efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to convey complex ideas clearly & concisely
- Insist on high standards for financial accuracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while preserving strict confidentiality of all information
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Interest in learning new systems and technologies
- Approaches work with mindset to continuously improve and streamline processes
Flexible with Tri-State area